Tune Into Thousands of Free Radio Stations Online

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Viva Latino!

Song Spinning now: Carl Cox - The Latin Theme

This track can really make you go Gggrrrrr..... Ariba! haha..

I went to a Salsa club with a friend few weeks ago for the first time in my life. It's great experience seeing people dancing so freely to Salsa and Meringue, expressing their core self on the dance floor. There's actually a 3-man band playing live Salsa on the little platform, creating that unsurreal environment where people can let their hair down and move their body in the most unrestrain manner.

Beginners, pros and students of Salsa alike are twisting their bodies with the exotic music. Salsa is actually a very sexy and charming dance, especially when both the male and female are in perfect sychronisation to each others' movements and in tune with the music. This led to relate to this film "Dirty Dancing - Havana Nights", which was an excellent film for those who like to see the real Cuban dance - more sexy,more wild and more euphoric!

Its very hypnotising to watch'pro' couples dancing on the floor, to them it feels like nothing else existed but only the two of them and the music. No thoughts and no clutter in their mind, its just pure innate physical reaction to the music that keeps them going.

For me, I had the priviledge to dance with my friend's friend , whom ermm I have forgotten his name :P. Anyway he's a 1.9m tall lad from Aussie. Imagine 1.57 m gal dancing with a 1.9m tall guy, I feel like I'm a dwarf dancing with this giant! I'm only at his chest level and I had to stretch my hand up high so as to reach his shoulder.

Actually, had been taking Salsa lessons for a while and is thus is able to teach me some basic moves. In Salsa, it is important for the guy to take the lead and he's done it pretty well, not to mention that I keep stepping on him all the time!

It was quite a fun night in general. I never knew Salsa can be such a great workout..the club start to feel like a Sauna after you have danced for a while. Everyone was drenched in sweat but still enjoying themselves nevertheless!

Entry and drinks are freeflow for the ladies on friday nights. I suggest if you want to try something new, try Salsa dancing!

No comments: