Tune Into Thousands of Free Radio Stations Online

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Music From Heaven

I've been addicted to Jarrod Elmore CD recently..its very soothing to play this, especially at night and I don't get tired of it at all. His music is light as feather and you seems to be floating along with it, as if its straight out of the speakers from heaven.

When I first heard Jarrod Elmore's music on the internet (I was at my workdesk), it captivated me immediately that I did a search on him to read up more about this guy.

Dance of Grace (2006) is the first album for Jarrod Elmore and I'm really touched by his humbleness because of what he said in the interview with http://www.cdbaby.com/:

"It reminds me that the melodies came from somewhere else. I feel arrogant taking credit for them, as if I worked so hard on them and utilized my college education to study, analyze, and perfect them. I didn't.I really just sat down and listened. And these melodies are what I heard. As I sit and listen to the record, I'm aware that I really am just a partially cool guy from Oklahoma with average fashion sense and a corny sense of humor. I'm really not anything special. God must have used my hands. That's the only explanation that I have."

God sure did a great work...his music is different from other great new age artistes like Suzanne Ciani, George Winston and Jimmy Brickman. Its hard to explain the difference but there's this element of peace and healing that reaches right into the heart and soul when you play the album and really listen to it.

Anyway his album is not even sold in Singapore and I had to buy the mp3 tracks from http://www.tradebit.com/ , I hope to be able to get his piano scores though, it's currently not avaliable.

I always have an affinity for new age and classical/instrumental music, which many of them are equally captivating. My top favs are: Suzanne Ciani, George Winston, Kenny G, The Secret Garden, Kevin Kern, Enya, IL Divo, John Barry, Yuki Nishimura, Yimura and David Garrett (my lastest fav!)

I got to learn about his music from http://www.live365.com/ , if you have not check out this site then you are missing out something wonderful. Live365 is the no.1 free internet radio and it has over 1000 channels over 300+ genre. Half of these channels are live broadcast from other countries..there's korean music, jap music, chinese music, latino, new age, jazz..whatever you seek is most likely to be found there.

Music is indeed powerful. Its really amazing how music can speak to us; we cry, laugh, smile, cheer and dream with it afterall..it is a channel that helps us get in tuned with ourselves. While songs with lyrics guide us to relate to certain issues, songs without lyrics do even more as they have to speak to our soul. And what does that means? Someone said that communicating to the soul doesn't need to make sense, if your soul responds to it then it's understood, your brain doesn't need to. :)

No comments: