Tune Into Thousands of Free Radio Stations Online

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Happiness

There's a quote by Art Buchwald that says the best things in life aren't things. How true is that! Often the real things that make us happy are the little things in life, or shall I say experiences that seem so minor, yet able to stir that undescribable emotions inside.

My top 10 little happiness are as follows:

1) The lightness and the wonderful feeling after a workout and shower in the gym.

2) Tuning in to the great music from my fav radio stations while on the journey home in the bus or in the car.

3) Having a cup of nice coffee in the morning...the aroma of the coffee beans...ahhhh....heavenly! How can I live without it?

4) Reading! Books are the window to meaning of life and the world..we are living in a little box and its amazing to realise that there is sooo much more we don't know and will never know..its a never ending learning..it has silently taught me many things on how to see life and how to react to it. It has helped me grow and will always remain my faithful silent companion in life.

5) Singing my favourite tunes from heart and feeling the lyrics.

6) Spin driving and singing along in the car, especially driving by the beach during sunset and stopping by the side to watch it go down, the peacefulness and serenity you experienced are indescribable..

7) Nature...the gentle sound of rustling leaves...the light patter of raindrops on the roof, the smell of Jasmine flowers from the Jasmine tree outside my room window in Perth (I can't forget!) The beach, the rainforest, the view from the mountain peak, the waterfall, the ranges...I love mother nature! People say that's god 's greatest gift and I totally agree.

8) Playing my favourite tunes on my piano, although sometimes it might sound like I'm torturing my neighbours but I feel so happy to be able to play a new favourite tune!

9) Spending time with my family and my doggie..our weekly family dinner outings. I have to say that I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful and healthy family...it makes me cherish them more when I see friends and cousins coming from dysfunctional family background or a parent/sibling that has passed on. I never know how they feel but it must be terrible, my heart goes out to them.

10) Spritual awareness. Without this, I will never grow towards happiness. With every awareness, I'm being freed. I grew to embrace solitude and not loneliness. I was brought to understand things that people don't know or don't think about and see non-physical things that people are blinded to. Although I still have a lot of bad things to work on and good things to start on, I'm grateful for this gift of awareness and I hope to pass it on to others in my little ways.

While I'm counting my blessings, I realise I have a lot more than 10 and if I am to list them all down...I think this post will get really long!

We all have our own little happiness and each of us is different, so how do you know something is your happiness? Well I can't speak for all, but if you ask me to describe, it will have to be that peacefulness, calmness and holistic feeling that overwhelm you.

You totally ignore what the world is doing or saying at that moment and you really immerse in the present..its just you and your emotions..many times you realise you are smiling unknowingly and sometimes the emotions can be so powerful that you are moved to tears.

Does any of these sounds familiar to you? If yes, congratulations! Treat these little happiness as your most valuable treasures and they become yours for life, for nothing can take it away because they are not things.

No comments: